IELTS Speaking Sample part 2 about a garden

Sample Answer IELTS Speaking Part 2
about a garden

A beautiful garden in the middle of rural area
Design photo created by welcomia - www.freepik.com

 

Describe a garden where you often go to spend your time, please say

- where it is,
- what is special about it,
- why you go there.

Sample Answer :

Well it’s not actually my garden … it’s my friend’s garden … I don’t have one … which is probably why I enjoy going there so much. He lives about 30 minutes away from me in the next village … and we usually get together every week to catch up on what’s been happening … and relax for a while. Sometimes we have lunch together in the garden or just chill out and have a couple of beers in the evening.

It’s a beautiful place … it’s secluded and quiet and it’s the perfect place to relax. It’s surrounded by some really tall trees, and over the tops of them you can see the mountains in the distance … you can’t see any other houses or hear any of the neighbours … so it’s really quiet.

It’s not really that big … about 200 m2, but it’s full of trees shrubs, plants and flowers. There are many different colours and that makes it interesting too. I’m not much of a ‘naturalist’ but my friend knows all the names of the plants and flowers etc, that are there … and can tell you all about them … where they come from … when they flower etc. … things like that. It faces West so in the afternoon the sun shines right on it … and it can be really quite hot in the summer time … his dog loves sleeping under one of the big trees in the corner of the garden ... where it’s nice and shady and cool.

There’s a big wooden table on the patio in the garden … and some chairs … my friend sometimes works there … with his laptop … it’s a nice change from working in the office I guess … and most important … there’s a hammock … great for an afternoon siesta after lunch or for relaxing in the evening and watching the stars appear.

It really is idyllic … and I always look forward to going there to visit him and spend some time there … it’s like disconnecting from the hustle and bustle of everyday life … and that’s what makes it special – whenever I come back from spending some time there I feel relaxed and refreshed.


(band 9)
You can learn it by analysing the answer.

1 comment: